PRoactive: The PR Job Hunter’s Guide
Are you having trouble finding a real PR job? Have you applied for dozens of public relations jobs using traditional techniques and still can’t get an interview? Overwhelmed by too much information and don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place.
US PR Job numbers are BIG and trends are positive for public relations job hunters. PR is poised for growth, business is hiring and social media skills and experience are hot. This infographic says it all.
To compete, job seekers need to use traditional and new social media strategies to find openings and be found by recruiters and employers online.
PRoactive: The Public Relations Job Hunter’s Guide is now available to help PR job seekers like you find and win a job.
Written by PR agency CEO Jeff Domansky, APR, this guide will help you build a practical blueprint for PR job hunting success. During more than 25 years of agency management, he has seen thousands of resumes, interviewed hundreds of PR pros and hired, managed and mentored hundreds of PR pros at every level. He’s also publisher and editor in chief of the popular The PR Coach website and blog.
Where Do You Start Your PR Job Search?
At the moment, there is no best single source for public relations job openings or information. The monster job boards don’t work. You’re deluged with barista, telemarketing, customer service, sales, hostessing and other non-PR positions wasting valuable time and energy that’s better spent in more targeted searching.
Information is scattered all over the Internet. You can spend days looking for credible job sources and information PR professionals can trust. Navigating through social media channels requires a map and compass not to mention plenty of coffee.
So where do you start with a practical PR job hunting strategy that helps you find and win your next real PR job?
This downloadable 165-page book is a thorough guide for serious PR job hunters. Whether you’re a new graduate, an experienced PR pro, a journalist or business person looking to move into public relations, PRoactive: The Public Relations Job Hunter’s Guide will help.
PR Jobs Are Hot
Here’s the good news! PR jobs are booming with new job listings up 93% from Nov 1, 2009 – May 31, 2011 according to SimplyHired.com.
And there’s more. “Social Media Marketing” job listings were also up 307% in the past 20 months according to another SimplyHired.com survey. Some PR agencies and business are saying that social media experience together with traditional PR is practically a job ticket. With the right strategy, there is no reason not to find your dream PR job.
Harsh Realities of Job Hunting
There’s no question competition for public relations jobs is fierce. Look at these four harsh job hunting facts:
- Only one job interview is offered for every 245 resumes reviewed.
- 60% of jobs are found through networking.
- 50% of internships lead to PR jobs.
- More than half of HR and PR recruiters have dismissed candidates because of their social media profiles.
Don’t let that discourage you. There are PR jobs to be found at every level and in every sector including PR agencies, business, nonprofits, healthcare, media, fashion, tourism, education and government. You simply need a clear strategy and the persistence to follow a blueprint.
How can PRoactive: The PR Job Hunter’s Guide Help You?
This full-length, downloadable book will put you on track to PR Job hunting success. You’ll learn:
- How to build a personal blueprint for successful PR job hunting
- What skills and experience employers are looking for today
- What PR jobs are “hot” (think social media)
- Why traditional job hunting tools and strategies still matter
- How to create powerful social media profiles and portfolios that attract PR employers and recruiters
- Where to find the best websites with real PR jobs and how to find “hidden” PR job openings in other little-known websites
- Traditional networking strategies as well as how to use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media channels for research and online networking
- How to automate job alerts and save hours of research time daily
- Two PR job hunting “secret weapons“
- The value of an online portfolio and how to gain a competitive advantage with the newest online tools to create and promote your assets and experience
- Latest research on salaries, internships, job trends as well as advice on negotiating a job offer, tips for experienced PR pros, guerrilla PR job search tactics and much more.
As a special bonus, the book includes a 14-day PR Job Hunter’s blueprint complete with tips and tactics. In just two weeks, you’ll build a personal job strategy to guide you to effective public relations job searching, a unique and powerful PR resume and cover letter and a positive social media profile.
Finding a PR job is not complicated. But it is challenging and competitive. You need to find the right opportunities. You must present yourself as a true PR professional worth interviewing. And you need to use the advantages of social media proactively to increase your chances for success.
If you’re looking for a competitive advantage, PRoactive: The Public Relations Job Hunter’s Guide will deliver it to you.
Now Available for Immediate Download
Order your PR job hunting guide now and get on track to your next PR job success. Build your personal job search blueprint. Get interviews while others are still wondering where to find real opportunities.
Kindle edition now available too – just $8.99 Click here: PRoactive: The PR Job Hunter’s Guide
Pay securely though PayPal or Amazon and you’ll receive an immediate download and instant access to PR job hunting strategies used by the pros. It’s time to get PRoactive and find a real PR job!